5 popular over-the-glasses ski goggles you will find useful
One of the most common types of autoimmune disorders, Graves’ disease is a form of thyroid that causes excessive production of hormones in the body. It has a significant impact on your metabolism, eating habits, sleeping patterns, moods, etc. Therefore, it’s imperative to identify this disorder so that you can handle it efficiently.
Some of the usual symptoms of Graves’ disease are extreme sweating, weight loss, insomnia, uneasiness, exhaustion, indigestion, intense mood swings, swelling of the thyroid gland (goiter), heat intolerance, erratic heart rate, irregularities in menstruation, erectile dysfunction, trembling hands, etc. Besides common signs, there are two rare symptoms of Graves’ disease, i.e., Graves’s ophthalmopathy and Graves’ dermopathy. The former causes inflammation and bulging of the eyes, while the latter leads to reddening and thickening of the skin.
Five tips for managing Graves’s disease
To treat Graves’ disease, you must seek proper medical assistance. Apart from professional help, ensure that you take certain self-management steps to alleviate its symptoms.
- Healthy diet The best way to improve your immune system is by having the right type of food. To manage a condition like Graves’s disease you should increase the intake of fresh vegetables and fruits along with herbs, spices, healthy fats, and probiotics. This can help control the body’s inflammation levels caused by Graves’ disease. Additionally, a healthy diet can also energize your physical and mental state.
- Control stress It is suggested that stress can aggravate certain symptoms of Graves’ disease. So de-stress on a regular basis. You can exercise, meditate, get a massage, spend time with your loved ones or pursue your hobbies, etc.
- Exercise every day For some people conditions like Graves’ disease can lead to rapid weight fluctuations. Therefore, along with rich food, it is crucial that you work out daily. This will help reduce your body’s inflammation levels as well as contribute to maintaining an ideal body weight. Besides conventional forms of exercises, you can also pursue yoga, cycling, swimming, aerobics, etc.
- Stop smoking Habits like smoking can worsen this health condition, as it increases inflammation, and damages healthy cells by introducing toxins into the bloodstream. This can lead the thyroid gland to release extra white blood cells to fight off potential illnesses.
- Switch to natural products We come in contact with a myriad of chemicals on a daily basis. They are in our hygiene products, cosmetics, foods, etc. So, start making a conscious choice by buying products that are sustainable and are made using organic ingredients.